Output Customizing and exlcuding and bug

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Output Customizing and exlcuding and bug

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wingdu
    wingdu
    Participant

Hello,

i like to find a solution to customize some search on my webpage. I have to index, but i like to exclude the normal search form some post types.. and also have a different output

I found also an bug.. that i need to fix.. with firefox the ajax search doesnt work.

In the blog in need to search only blog files..

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for all the details!

For this you have multiple options:
    1. To create multiple search shortcodes, whith different configurations. You can configure each one as you like (select only the desired post types, exclude anything you need etc..). This is very easy and you can customize each search as you like.
    2. To use a single search, and change the query parameters programmatically depending on the page parameters. This is much more difficult, requires programming knowledge.

On our ends the plugin works perfectly on firefox as well. Make sure to update your browser, clear the browser cache and check any browser extensions, which may affect the page – that should resolve the problem.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

wingdu
    wingdu
    Participant

Hey,

but the shortcode is also useable as widget ? and i need to change the layout from the output..

For one i need a listing , for the another one i can keep this output..

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes – you can use the shortcode as a widget as well, there are widgets available for widgetized areas.

Unfortunately WordPress does not support multiple results pages, it is a core limitation. If you need a different layout based on the post types, that might get a bit difficult.
    You can either try this experiment feature with Elementor.
    Another possible way is to use the results shortcode as a makeshift results page.

Another possibility is to do some custom coding on the results page so that different layout is used for different parameters. WordPress unforutnately can’t have multiple results pages, always the same template file is invoked. However you can use that to programmatically check the query parameters and change the output programmatically depending on them.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.