Override GeneratePress search

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Override GeneratePress search

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    willgreeny59
    willgreeny59
    Participant

Hi there,

With GeneratePress there is a search bar – I have tried to make AJAX search pro override it, but it does not seem to be working.

I really like the feature of the search button with Generate Press, just want AJAX search pro to be the search functionality for it.

Kind regards,

Will

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Will,

If the automatic override does not work in that section, then the theme is probably using a hard-coded search box instead of the get_search_form hook. Pop-up, pop-out and similar interactive search bars are usually hard-coded for a reason – probably because an override would break the functionality.
    You might have to ask the theme author, if there is any way to replace it programmatically, without loosing the pop-up functionality. Then the original search form can be replaced within the theme files (or via custom hook) witht the plugin shortcode.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.