Overriding default result page with ASP result

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Overriding default result page with ASP result

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    jsamal29
    jsamal29
    Participant

Hi,
    We are now using ASP v-4.20.7 and its working fine with installed version of the WP.
    The live search results are working as expected. When a search phrase is entered and the ENTER button is hit, its going to the theme’s default result page. To override this we have tried your instruction mentioned in https://documentation.ajaxsearchpro.com/behavior/results-page-override. Also we have modified the theme search.php file with the shortcode [ <?php echo do_shortcode(‘[wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro_results id=1 element="div"]‘); ?> ]. But the results are just not appearing. See screenshots — https://imgur.com/a/EwtuqcM

For example: if you go to this page – https://gadgetshindi.tech/testpage/ and type “te” in the search box, the LIVE results will show up, but when hit the ENTER button, it takes to the default RESULT page, but there won’t be any content.

Can you advise on how to resolve this?

Thanks
    JSamal

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The results shortcode is not for that purpose – it is to be used when you want to display the live results on the same page as the search bar, but in a different position.

You can still however try this configuration: https://i.imgur.com/IgLLaom.png
    It will trigger the search on the page redirected to. You can also turn off the search override feature in this case, since you are not using the theme results loop.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

jsamal29
    jsamal29
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

How can I enable PAGING for the “vertical” Search results.

Thanks
    Jsamal

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Pagination is not possible with the vertical results – it is only available for the isotopic results layout.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jsamal29
    jsamal29
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for all the inputs.

Please guide me on how can I increase the no. of results displayed in the result container (default its displaying 6 results and on scroll it displays next results ) and how can I increase the result container height to fit more results to see without Scrolling.

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

The number of results can be set here, and the viewport size can be increased here. If you set the viewport size to a high number, like 999, then the scroll will not be displayed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jsamal29
    jsamal29
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Query – 1)
    For my website the traditional search was displaying almost 60 rows including user data. But with ASP, for same search phrase / word, I am getting 15 rows all having that phrase in TITLE or, SUBJECT. Can you provide all settings that would display all the possible results with the search word present in anywhere (title, body, tags, product description etc.). I am already trying following settings but its not happening.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Query – 2)
    With every result displayed in the LIVE result container, we get result information (“{phrase}”) on top of the result container .
    Can we place that tag (“{phrase}”) somewhere in the actual results page where it can display along with LIVE search whenever user types something, without hitting Return key.

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Those options are not the ones you want – if you read them carefully, it is to display taxonomy terms as results, and not post types as results by taxonomy terms.
    First, make sure to deselect those if you don’t need taxonomy terms as results. Then, you are probably looking for these options: searching by categories/terms and searching by custom fields.

2. I’m afraid the plugin can not do that, as it is a theme controlled feature. That would have to be custom coded somehow.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jsamal29
    jsamal29
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I just want to display all the possible results including users, posts, tags, custom fields …everything. SO what are the configurations I need to do.

2)

View post on imgur.com

I can see its saying total there are 71 rows populated, but in the live search result container, I can see 10, results ( I know it can be changed ). But the issue is, when I am trying to scroll to see more results, it should load other results while SCROLLING the wheel, but its not happening. As there is no PAGING in vertical Result, so the only option is to scroll down for other results which is not happening. Please suggest.

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

In that case try enabling the load more feature with infinite scroll. Also, you can try changing the viewport size to a high number, that way the system scrollbar is used, and the container will expand with the screen.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jsamal29
    jsamal29
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

But enabling Infinity scrolling I am not able to enable Grouping..which is A MUST feature I have to keep.

Please suggest me something where I can see all the 50 results and with Grouping.

In another TRY….I am using below configs to use GROUPING to display all results within a single viewport without INFINITY SCROLL.

View post on imgur.com

But still I am getting only 5 results out of 50 without SCROLL bar.

View post on imgur.com

In the ASP documentation, You have already implemented this result box with Scrollbar and Grouping in the Result-Viewport (without Load More… option but with Scrollbar) here , I just want exactly that kind of UI…

View post on imgur.com

Please consider this as priority and urgent.

Thanks
    Jyotiranjan

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by jsamal29 jsamal29.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Based on your screenshots, the post type limit is set to a low number: https://i.imgur.com/HEGwWSm.png
    When grouping is enabled, then of course infinite scroll is not possible. But if you set the limit much higher it will display more results.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jsamal29
    jsamal29
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I tried with increased limit of results.

View post on imgur.com

Now at live search while typing I can see all the results –i:e; 65 rows.

View post on imgur.com

But as per your last time suggestion, when I am clicking on magnifying to display the same result in a next page with following settings.

View post on imgur.com

I am getting a different result e:g; 5 out of 50 and also there is no SCROLLBAR present.

View post on imgur.com

But STRANGELY, when I again do some text change in the Searchbox…it is updating the result box with proper data.

View post on imgur.com

Please let me know how can I resolve this issue. Do we need to add any more parameters in the Custom URL (/?s=selectline&asp_s=selectline) or, something?

Thanks
    Jyotiranjan

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Interesting, try maybe increasing this number here: https://i.imgur.com/WVBSqi8.png
    But it may not work either. The plugin was not made to work this way unfortunately, so it is only pure luck it works via this “hack”.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jsamal29
    jsamal29
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Somehow, it looks its working now. Thanks for the tip.

One more issue The no. of results while doing the typing a phrase say “fleet” shows some no. of results per Group (say News – 28, and Motor Magazine – 137)

live result -1
    and
    live result – 2

But when sending the same phrase to the results page with Custom URL (/?s=fleet&asp_s=fleet) the no. of results are getting reduced.

Final result-1
    and
    Final Result – 2

I mean the new custom result page is nothing but same result container placed in a separate div…so it should display same no. of results. Or, is there anything we are missing in the URL section.

This will be the last issue to complete my task.

Thanks
    Jyotiranjan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.