page load and Search too slow also problem with scripts.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support page load and Search too slow also problem with scripts.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by black2knight black2knight 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    black2knight
    black2knight
    Participant

hi, i have some problems with the plugin. first of all in the admin section i cannot move the boxes from one section to another. for example at the custom post types to move the product from “Available post types” to “Drag here the post types you want to use!”. also the page load and search is too slow. The ajax search lite is working perfectly. Please help me with this out. you can see at: http://testing.tradescraper.com/searchara/

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by black2knight black2knight.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It’s indeed something with the plugin flow, your server looks fine. Could you please provide temporary ftp access as well? I would like to go through the files with a line-to-line debugging to find the source of the problem. I think some function hangs and returns an error in the plugin, but I don’t know where or which.

As for the drag and drop: There is a javascript fatal error dropped right in the header which propably causes all the inline scripts to fail – which are the drag and drop options on the search and the preview color picker (mayber there are more).
    The unfortunate thing is, that this is not related to the search plugin. Eleminating this error will probably fix the drag/drop, but I have no idea which plugin (or the theme?) is causing it.
    I can try to get around it once I found the issue with the slow load 😉

https://i.imgur.com/0ySNZjD.png

https://i.imgur.com/qzr64zb.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

black2knight
    black2knight
    Participant

Thanks for your quick reply Ernest, i have updated the ticket to insert the ftp credentials. Something that may help you is that besides i have turned off the option to show the category selectors in the settings of the plugin it still tries to load them (we have more than 3000 categories). see the pics.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thanks for the correct details!

I’ve found the problem(s). It was indeed the categories. I’ve put another statement there to prevent them from appearing in hidden mode, and a minor modification in the content search code to not use them at all.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

black2knight
    black2knight
    Participant

thank you very much Ernest do i have to download the modified plugin from our testing domain to put it in our production site, or it will be an updated version from you end?

As for the drag and drop script i have disabled some plugins but nothing happened. we can change the drag n drop settings directly from our database is this a good solution till we find what script causes the fatal error?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

This is a temporary solution, but please use it for now. I will update on my end as well, but I need to make more tests to make sure it’s not causing other issues – so it’s probably going to be included only later.

I will check the drag and drop as well in a moment, I almost forgot it. Maybe it’s not even related to that script after all. If I find the cause, I will fix it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well I have found it 😉

It was actually the color picker on the search preview window. I don’t know why, it beats me. Anyways I disabled that small piece of code and now it works.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

black2knight
    black2knight
    Participant

hi Ernest thanks for your help i also have another issue: We have disabled the wordpress ajax search for the logged out with the is_user_loggedin() to not echo the shortcode but it seems that it loads the /wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/css/fonts/icons/icons.ttf and the /wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/css/fonts/icons/icons.woff even for the loggedout. We want to disable this can you tell me where is this code so we can disable it for the loggedout.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.