Pages not founded when searching

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Pages not founded when searching

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LarissaTops
    LarissaTops
    Participant

Hi support,

I am having some big issues with my search results on the website:
    https://www.vijvercentrumdescheper.nl/

For example, when searching for “Siervijvers” I expect the result to be: Pages, Berichten and Portfolio items.
    When typing in “Sierv” OR “Siervijver” I only get the portfolio items, but when typing in “Siervijvers” I also get the pages.

See attachments. I expected that I also got the resutls of the pages when typing in ‘Siervijver’ as I do not have set ‘EXACT MATCH’ in my settings.
    It looks like there are some issues with the search, as I only got the ‘Search in title’ setting on so does not need to be that hard I guess.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the details, it helps a lot.

I think the issue here is only the results limit – by default it’s set to 10. When typing in a partial word, it matches less from different post type groups so the limit is met and some results might be cut off.
    I have increased the limit from the initial 10 to 50.

If you prefer to have less results (<50), then I recommend enabling this option instead. That will try to fetch equal amounts from each post type group.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

LarissaTops
    LarissaTops
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Many thanks for your quick respones. This was exactly the issue what I can see at the moment.
    Another question, I would have thought that there would be a ‘add more results’ button in the live search when the limit is reached?

Regards,

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

There is actually, you can enable it here: https://documentation.ajaxsearchpro.com/layout-settings/more-results-link

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.