Pass Results thru WordPress Web Service?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Pass Results thru WordPress Web Service?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Les Proctor
    Les Proctor
    Participant

Is it possible to use WordPress Web Service to read XML file? Read in and then pass results through SOAP API?

Thanks!
    Les

P.S. Love this plugin!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Unfortunately this is way beyond the plugins capabilities. It’s definitely possible, but with lots of custom coding.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Les Proctor
    Les Proctor
    Participant

So basically I need to make the fields I desire to show up as an available post type…. has anyone else done this?

Or am I better off using a different tool?

Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I don’t think anyone has ever attempted to do this. You also need to make the content available in the database as a post type, or create a new search class file to directly go through the XML file, then after getting the results pass them through the SOAP API in the preferred format.

I’m not sure if there is a pre-made tool for this, but if there is, I would rather recommend using that. I would be a huge time saver for this task.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.