Passing filter selection criteria between filters

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Passing filter selection criteria between filters

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    marcovandijk56
    marcovandijk56
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I have deployed the search options to the live site and the customer is very happy with the results!
    Now 2 questions came up after using the search options.

I have created a header with a filter using a search box and 3 filters , Age, usage and connection.
    I also have created a extended filter page “bicycle finder” with a new extended filter options + the same 3 filters as available on the header.
    The search filter on the header and the search filter on the bycicle finder page are 2 separate filters.
    When the user selects one of the filters on the header the result is shows. When the user hits return or uses the loup the user is re-directed to the extended filter page. The search is applied on the extended filter page, however the filter selection used on the header is not remembered and and applied to the selection filter Age (see screenshot)
    This breaks the logic, because I cannot reset the extended filter not reset the filter on the header.
    2 questions:
    1-can I pass filter criteria from one filter to another?
    2- Is it a logical setup to have a filter in the header and a filter on a dedicated page at the same time or should I hide the header filter when on this extended filter page?

https://dabedoe.li-z.nl/alle-fietsen

regards,
    Marco van Dijk

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Passing filter criteria between separate search instances is not possible unfortunately, and there is no way around it.

I think the best possible approach in this case is to use the same filter on both sections – but use a custom CSS for the header filter to “hide” some of the items there. That way both instances are the same and the data will be passed along to one another.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

marcovandijk56
    marcovandijk56
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

thanks for the reply and suggestion.
    Would it be possible to provide a sample css code snippet how I can disable one of the filters on the header while leaving it on the extended filter page?

Regards,
    Marco

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sure!

This will hide the “leeftijd” filter from the header:

.elementor-element-1a062de fieldset.asp_filter_cf_acf_leeftijd {
        display: none;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.