- May 2, 2022 at 7:37 am #37682
I think there may be a bug. We’ve the setting to not index password protected posts but they still show up. Please see the images for the index table settings. Do we need to turn on refreshing the index whenever post meta are updated?
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.May 2, 2022 at 4:00 pm #37691
Yes, I think there is a bug here, at least I can confirm from our test servers. I do not recommend turning on that option, it is not very efficient for such large databses, and will not resolve the issue.
This may be only possible to resolve by directly editing the index table engine file. I tried to open the plugin editor, but the account does not have privileges. Can you please try this:
1. Make a full site backup just in caseBest,
2. Open up the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/classes/etc/indextable.class.php file on your server
3. Replace it’s contents ith this
4. First, only test on one post – Open the post editor screen for a post, change it to password protected and save it.
5. The post should update in the index automatically during saving, so now if you try to search it, it should not show up
6. If that actually works, then re-create the index.
If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)
May 10, 2022 at 11:00 am #37754
Hi, it works as you described.
1. Does it mean if we re-save our existing password protected posts or there’s only future password protected posts, we don’t need to re-create index?
2. Will you implement this in the next update?May 10, 2022 at 2:59 pm #37762
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.