PDF search query not working

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support PDF search query not working

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ashleygonzalez68
    ashleygonzalez68
    Participant

Hello! I am new to using Ajax Search Pro and have followed the very detailed set up instructions and manuals. Everything seems to be working properly but the search is not searching any PDF documents. These documents do have OCR, so they are searchable. One of the PDFs in question is located at http://172.105.155.18/flagler-tribune/flagler-tribune-issue-1918-dec-12/.

Using words directly from the PDF, such as CIGARS, it doesn’t bring up the PDF in the results.

Am I missing a setting?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details, it helped a lot.

I tried and downloaded that PDF file to run some tests on it. Some of the content is indeed accessible, but there are lots of invalid/incomplete characters as well, and that conflicted greatly with both parsers.
    It took a few hours, but I managed to make it work. It extracted around 3000 words from that document. I still think some words may be missing, but it should be much much better now.

I will make sure to include this improvement in the upcoming release.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ashleygonzalez68
    ashleygonzalez68
    Participant

As you saw, that’s an OCR scan of a newspaper. I have weekly issues from Dec 1918 through Dec 1987 to upload. I did find a workaround, creating a 0 px font and paste of the OCR text, but that would be for 3000+ issues, and a lot of volunteer hours on my end, which is why I purchased a search plugin to do that work for me. 😉 What can I do to replicate your fix while I wait for the updated plugin?

Thanks!

Ashley

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.