PDF search

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    zgzeljko
    zgzeljko
    Participant

Hello,

I have a problem with this plugin. I have plenty of PDF files on my site and I want to setup a plugin that I can search content on site. But when I enter some keyword on search I get web page and user cant find that pdf file on page.
    Also I cant find option to change color of search results. The letter is white on a white background and you can’t see anything.
    Is there any possibility to put some image like thumbnail with name of that pdf file on search results of that pdf?

Regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details, it helps a lot!

You may have accidentally changed the link colors to white, you can change that here:
    If you wish to search PDF file contents, please check this documentation, it will help the proper setup.

PDF thumbnails are not possible in WordPress, it requires a properly configured Imagick, Imagemagick and Ghostscript library on your back-end server, and even in that case it may not work.
    We will try to come up with a simpler solution in a future release, but it is greatly limited by PHP and WordPress, so some server side adjustments will be required even then.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

zgzeljko
    zgzeljko
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sure, I am sorry, I forgot to link the documentaiton page where you can get a step-by-step tutorial – here: https://documentation.ajaxsearchpro.com/general-settings/search-in-attachment-contents-pdf-word-excel-etc..

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

zgzeljko
    zgzeljko
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That is interesting, can you please try this.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

zgzeljko
    zgzeljko
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Indeed, I have corrected the image. The “General Options” was renamed, but it’s on the same position, it’s now “Search sources”.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.