PHP Error Message

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    iammyal78
    iammyal78
    Participant

Hi,

This plugin (Current plugin: Ajax Search Pro (version 4.17.4)) caused another error this morning as Tara was tagging PDF files.
    I’m not sure what the issue is, I’ve removed all PHP memory protocols from the server and that still didn’t help.
    I’ve tried changing all the memory settings with in WordPress and the server and I can’t seem to stop this plugin from causing the error.

There is something in the plugin that is causing the error and making the PDF un searchable after the TAGS are added.

We received this php error message below.

Your Site is Experiencing a Technical Issue

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, Ajax Search Pro.

First, visit your website (https://office.mistersafetyshoes.com/thehub/) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (https://office.mistersafetyshoes.com/thehub/thehub/wp-admin/post.php) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can’t access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special “recovery mode”. This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

https://office.mistersafetyshoes.com/thehub/wp-login.php?action=enter_recovery_mode&rm_token=DFbYoGWLKFFFHk9pmyT2T8&rm_key=gCNgnJgaIyBG1Du9yAG7sm

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don’t worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
    WordPress version 5.3.2
    Current theme: Woffice Child (version )
    Current plugin: Ajax Search Pro (version 4.17.4) PHP version 7.2.27

Error Details
    =============
    An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 635 of the file /home/admin/web/office.mistersafetyshoes.com/public_html/thehub/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/externals/pdf-smalot/tecnickcom/tcpdf/tcpdf_parser.php. Error message: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11587424 bytes)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It seems like that the external PDF indexing library was out of memory when the file was saved – I guess the file was either too large, or there are a lot of pages in the PDF, and the server could not handle them.
    From the message, I am seeing that the server memory limit is set to 32M, which is concerningly low, as that might not be sufficient even for a plain WordPress installation. Indexing PDF or other document contents can be resource heavy, as the indexer needs to extract the file information, and load them to variables aka the memory.
    I would highly recommend increasing the memory limit to at least 128M or rather 256M, if you have 10-15 plugins active. This article should help you out on how to do that.
    That will immediately resolve the problem.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

iammyal78
    iammyal78
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The memory limit is still 32M according to the error message, it did not change. Make sure that the correct php.ini file was changed, and that the apache or the php-fpm service was restarted on the server.

There is no file or any other limitation in the plugin. It could be the file size, but it is more likely the very low memory. PDF indexing is a very costly operation in terms of CPU and memory, that is why it is done individually during indexing or during saving the files.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.