PHP errors due to high memory usage.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support PHP errors due to high memory usage.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jack
    Jack
    Participant

PHP errors due to high memory usage.

HI, I’ve contacted Dreamhost support about our site having issues installing plugins.

One plugin gave us this error:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 629145600 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/posterspy/posterspy.com/wp-includes/meta.php on line 1190

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 629145600 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in /home/posterspy/posterspy.com/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/classes/Misc/OutputBuffer.php on line 1

Is there anything I can do to reduce the amount of PHP memory being used by the plugin?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The errors are reffering to two separate files, of which the first is not plugin related, but the WordPress core.

The second error refers to a line, where is no code executed – which may mean that the memory is already depleeted when the execution gets to Ajax Search Pro. Memory related issues are very hard to debug in wordpress.
    To make matters worse, this file is only used when a page is viewed to determine if the plugin assets are required. So it uses almost no memroy whatsoever. Generally the plugin requires very little memory to work.

Does this happen on a specific page or in a specific back-end page? Is it possible to replicate the issue?

If not, then there is very likely a memory leak somewhere and the errors were triggered randomly at a point where the actual memory ran out.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.