PHP Errors | GET method

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by skempenaar skempenaar 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    skempenaar
    skempenaar
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    a few weeks ago i asked you about why search and a filter option not working together. after sometime i figured it out that this was because the overwrite method was set on POST and this should be GET. since I’ve changed this to GET our server is storing lots of PHP errors PHP message: (PHP Warning: Unknown: Headers already sent). in the attachment I’ve send you the error log. it seems the logging of this problem stopped when I changed it back to POST.

Sadly now im back to the problem that a search and a filter option don’t work together.
    If you fill in something like “geloof” and want to filter only for uitgeverij “Columbus” this doenst work. See screenshot

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by skempenaar skempenaar.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Combining multiple search and filter plugins together is generally not a good idea, and there is a very high chance they will not work together at all.

I assume the error message you are reffering to is this:

Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in Unknown on line 0"

It sounds like, something, somewhere is trying to change the session settings via an ini_set(...) function call. Unfortunately there is no indication where this is triggered, as there is only printed in Unknown. Our plugin however does not use that PHP function whatsoever, so the issue is very likely triggered within something else.
    I guess that while using the GET method, some query arguments are recognized by another plugin/code, and it tries to execute, but there is an issue somewhere.
    I recommend searching for a function called ini_set within other plugin source codes – as it is the most likely cause of that error message. That will get you closer to the problematic code.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

skempenaar
    skempenaar
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thank you very much for this detailed explanation. sorry for my quick jumb to conclusion on Ajax seach pro.
    ill look into it.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome 🙂 No problem, there is no indication of the source of the issue in the error log, so I am guessing as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

skempenaar
    skempenaar
    Participant

it was finding a needle in a haystack. but the ini_set error is gone when i updated woocommerce to version 4.7.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.