Placeholder moving outside of box

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Placeholder moving outside of box

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    luisa87
    luisa87
    Participant

The server is accessible via SFTP/key file instead of the regular FTP access, unfortunately server access is difficult to share. I’m hoping you can give me some direction as to what scripts could be interfering.

I upgraded to the Pro version hoping this would fix the initial issue, but it’s created a few additional ones instead.

BEFORE UPGRADE (initial issue):

1. The “search” placeholder can be moved before or after a search; the proinput class won’t stay confined to the probox class (img1, img2)

I have tested this with the following fixes, without success:

1. moving clearfix divs
    2. moving search bar to header
    3. deactivating all active plugins, one at a time, to gauge influence
    4. deleting Zendesk script in footer
    5. deleting inactive theme search bar (code isn’t visible in page, but worth a try 🙂

AFTER UPGRADE

2. The first search result is duplicated (img3), and

3. Hundreds of errors pop up in the console, all referring to server response of 404. (img3)

I haven’t tried any fixes for the 2nd and 3rd issue yet, since they happened after the upgrade. I figured I’d reactivate the lite version if the issues cannot be solved to reduce it back to the first issue only.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Luisa

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Luisa,

I just checked the page, but the output looks okay on my end. There is one custom CSS rule I see you have, to change the input background and the font color, which causes the white line below the input bar, but aside from that it looks okay. If you remove that, it will resolve the white line problem as well.

The error messages within the console seem to be coming from the page itself. Could you please try de-activating the plugin, then refreshing the page to see if they persist? I’m almost certain they will. It looks like a google plus share button script of some sort.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

luisa87
    luisa87
    Participant

Thanks for the response Ernest,

I’m looking to fix this odd behaviour:

When you click the left side of the probox then type a word in, it seems to allow the user to push the placeholder text downwards (img 1), instead of replacing it. Then if I click enter, it pushes the magnifier icon that gets pushed down, too (img 2)

If you click in the middle of the box and type a word, it behaves normally. It only seems to do this if you click on the left side of the box.

The console errors only showed up with the pro version upgrade (plugin deactivation console image).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

I actually found why this is happening. I was clicking randomly here and there, and it popped an input box, however there was no input element within the DOM tree in the inspector. So I looked at the source, and I found, that the span wrapper, where the plugin is placed, has a ‘contenteditable’ attribute. See it here: https://i.imgur.com/wfyl2pC.png

This basically allows the user to make changes to the content of that span element. I guess that is some sort of a widget container feature, or page builder feature. Maybe try containing the search shortcode within a different element/widget, that should resolve this issue. Unfortunately the search does not have any effect on this, as it is coming from the outside container.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

luisa87
    luisa87
    Participant

Thank you so much Ernest, changing it to “false” did the trick 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.