Placeholder text no longer showing in the correct font since plugin update

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Placeholder text no longer showing in the correct font since plugin update

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tjldesigns
    tjldesigns
    Participant

Hello there :),

Just a quick one, since updating the plugin to the latest update it has lost the default site font on placeholder text on the search bar, you may see this via:

http://mooreblatch.com.mooreblatch-realityhouse.temporarywebsiteaddress.com/people/

It should use Gill sans, and we have tried to set an override via CSS:

div.asp_m.asp_m_1 .probox .proinput input.orig { font-family: ‘Gill Sans W04’, sans-serif !important; }

But sadly that is still not picking-up, please can you let me know what we now need to do to ensure it uses the default site font? I saw it was set to inherit, but it wasn’t inheriting Gill Sans, it’s sadly displaying with the font you can see it showing now. It seems this is the only field/text affected within the search panel, all the rest of the elements, ie search results, input text once you type into the field, etc. are still showing as Gill Sans which is correct, it’s just the placeholder text.

Many thanks for your help,
    Tonya

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Tonya,

It is due to a known issue with the current release. The ‘inherit’ font is printend incorrectly with the quotes, and the browser is not able to recognize it.
    I resolved it simply by entering the font family to the input font family field: https://i.imgur.com/0nH6j3S.png

Now, if you clear your cache, it should be changed now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

tjldesigns
    tjldesigns
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

So sorry for my late reply, I have been on holiday, but I just wanted to say thank you so much for this, that’s now great and I assume there will be a little patch for this on the next release? 🙂

Many thanks again,
    Tonya

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.