Plugin conflict with another script

Home Forums Bug reporting, Questions & Suggestions Polaroid Slider for WordPress Plugin conflict with another script

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by sleenie sleenie 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sleenie
    sleenie
    Participant

I’ve set up a test site with just the basic WordPress theme and no customizations. The only plugins I added were yours and one called Advance Text Pro which I use alot. You’ll notice on the front page there is a small image about the Hoffbrau Steaks eClub. This creates a pop-up. This has been added via a widget.

I’ve learned that if that is removed the your plugin works. This is the only plugin conflict that I’ve had issues with during the past 3 yrs. So I’m hoping you can figure out the problem.

I do apprecaite your assistance and will be happy to change my rating at the end of this. Please understand that it was the total lack of communication that bothered me.

My client loves this plugin which is why I’m pushing so hard. I want to be able to remove all other sliders and replace them with just this one. It’s perfect for what they want and I’ve not been able to find one like it.

Again, thank you for your assistance.

Hi,

I contacted you a couple of weeks ago regarding a possible conflict with another plugin. At the time we just decided to use something else (I think you were on vacation.) However since then, the client has decided they still wnat to use the plugin so I’m trying to figure out how to get it working. I havwe learned that the conflict is with a script given to me to use from another vendor of the client. So far I’ve not had great success with them.

Below is the script they gave me to use. I have removed both my client and their vendors name. Any assistance you can give me would be great. Can I change anything on the plugin the would help? I really appreciate your assisance. My client loves your plugin and we are hoping to use it.

Join Our EClub

<script>if(typeof jQuery != ‘undefined’){
    document.write(“<div id=\”_optinform_div\” style=\”display:none;\”></div><“+”script type=\”text/javascript\” src=\”http://**************.com/javascripts/***JQueryForm.js\”>”+”<“+”/script”+”>”);
    } else {
    document.write(“<div id=\”_optinform_div\” style=\”display:none;\”></div><“+”script type=\”text/javascript\” src=\”http://***********.com/javascripts/***PrototypeForm.js\”>”+”<“+”/script”+”><“+”script language=\”JavaScript\” src=\”http://*************.com/portal/javascripts/scriptaculous.js\” type=\”text/javascript\”>”+”<“+”/script”+”>”);
    }</script>

• This topic was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by sleenie sleenie.
    • This topic was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by sleenie sleenie.
    sleenie
    sleenie
    Participant

Any chance at all of a reply?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Unfortunately I need to see this live, I cannot tell by the code you gave me. The slider shouldn’t conflict with any other plugin, but when it does, it’s probably because of a very unusual template code or plugin code.

I’ve seen you give me a bad comment already on codecanyon, you are about right, but I’m sorry, I had some serious issues and I could not answer to anyone.

If you still interested please try to give me a website url with temporary/ftp accounts so I can see and fix the problem asap.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

sleenie
    sleenie
    Participant

Well, I gave you the information you that you requested and i atill heard nothing. Very disappointed. I have managed to get the other developer to respond and I can now use the plugin. I do have some testing to do and hopefully it conntinues to be good.

Unless this plugin is free from other issues, it is not likely I would recommend it to anyone else. I really I did not pay much, but I do expect at least a response in a reasonable timeframe.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Polaroid Slider for WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.