Plugin conflict with Scripts to Footer

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Plugin conflict with Scripts to Footer

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by anfeloga anfeloga 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    anfeloga
    anfeloga
    Participant

Hi

Your plugin works excellent, I’m having just one problem, it’s a conflict with the plugin Scripts to footer, this plugin put the css in header, improving the load performance but the scripts to footer. Is there any way to add your plugin script to header in order to not deactivate the other plugin?

The other plugin has not the option to exclude a file.

Oh, and another thing is a black bar in the middle of content, I think is just a CSS minor problem.

Thanks in advance!

testing.quehaypahacer.com

• This topic was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by anfeloga anfeloga.
    • This topic was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by anfeloga anfeloga. Reason: Added ftp credentials
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Can you please provide me the password to see the site? You can edit the topic and add it to the private details if you want it to remain private.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

anfeloga
    anfeloga
    Participant

Hi and sorry for the delay

the user is quehaypahacer but the field doesn’t let me write it, the pass is there.

Thanks for your support and please be careful because even when it’s a test site, I have some real users there in order to make some tests.!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I can see the problem now. The solution would be if you add the following line to the header.php file in your template file:
    <script src="://testing.quehaypahacer.com/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/js/jquery.ajaxsearchpro.min.js"></script>

As for the box that is appearing, it’s coming from the template css files, but there is a simple solution for that. Add these lines also to the header.php file:

.probox .loading {
      border: none !important;
      opacity: 1 !important;
      padding: 0 !important;
      position: static !important;
      z-index: 10100;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

anfeloga
    anfeloga
    Participant

Hi and thanks for your quick reply

I tried this and doesn’t worked. I tried adding all the code in header.php and then try changing the css part to my style.css file and it doesn’t yet.

I updated the topic with ftp credentials if You can try it. is in the subdomain “testing” and in themes in “Que-hay-pa-hacer-2013-3”. This is the route public_html/testing/wp-content/themes/Que-hay-pa-hacer-2013-3

Thanks for your time!

anfeloga
    anfeloga
    Participant

Hi

Any update about this?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

The only way to fix this is to add extra lines to the header.php file. The search will not work if the jquery and other scripts are loaded in the footer, because the $(document).ready event is never fired.

Add exactly the following lines to the header:

<script src="http://testing.quehaypahacer.com/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/js/jquery.ajaxsearchpro.min.js"></script>
    <style>
    .probox .loading {
      border: none !important;
      opacity: 1 !important;
      padding: 0 !important;
      position: static !important;
      z-index: 10100;
    }
    </style>
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

anfeloga
    anfeloga
    Participant

Excellent!! it worked!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Plugin conflict with Scripts to Footer’ is closed to new replies.