Plugin incorrectly references uploads directory

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Plugin incorrectly references uploads directory

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    oloftus
    oloftus
    Participant

On websites where WordPress is run in it’s own directory and the upload directory is outside of this directory, the call to

wd_asp()->upload_path

on line on line 441 of wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/classes/core/class-asp-init.php incorrectly returns the path of the uploads directory as if it still was in the wordpress directory. E.g.

Directory structure

• wordpress (contains WordPress installation)
    • uploads (uploads directory)

The call to

wd_asp()->upload_path

returns wordpress/uploads but should return uploads.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

That constant is defined in the ajax-search-pro\includes\classes\core\class-asp-manager.php file within this function:

As you can see the upload directory is requested through wp_upload_dir() call, which refers _wp_uploads_dir(), and should always return the correct upload directory.

Is this not the correct way? Please let me know, I am not too familiar with these modifications myself.

Also, from what I can see in these docs, if the UPLOADS constant is set in the wp-config.php file, the wp_upload_dir() will return that url relative to the ABSPATH constant. You might need to set that constant as well, I am not sure.

Let me know!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

oloftus
    oloftus
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for your quick response and for looking into this for me. You’re quite right, the UPLOADS constant ends up being prefixed with ABSPATH- that’s something I hadn’t noticed and unfortunately something I can’t change without modifying the core.

A workaround I have now found is to set the UPLOADS constant to “../media”. Although this does generate links like e.g. http://domain.com/../media/mypicture.jpg this is not serious in my case.

You can close this ticket as the issue is now resolved.

Thanks again,

Oli

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.