Plugin only working on one post (disables other posts)

Home Forums Product Support Forums Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support Plugin only working on one post (disables other posts)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jamila
    Jamila
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

thanks again for helping me to fix the plugin initially. I have it working now on one blog posts, however, if I want to add it to all other blog posts it disables the whole sites. There is either a blank page or an error as in the screenshot.

Do you have any idea what might be the problem?

It is working here:
    http://klarekopfsache.de/2016/12/18/achtung-bei-der-tellerwahl/

The screenshot is from this post (but it looks the same on others):
    http://klarekopfsache.de/2016/11/29/trending-die-innovative-kaffeeszene-in-chiang-mai/

Thanks & Happy New Year!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Jamila Jamila.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Happy new years to you too!

” .. if I want to add it to all other blog posts it disables the whole sites.”
    Are you using the same method as on the working post (using a shortcode), or the internal plugin option to display it on all posts?

The error message unfortunately refers to another plugin, but I’m almost sure it’s related posts pro still causing the problem. Recently there was an issue discovered which concerns the last update (1.5) where the singular posts and the main query are not correctly recognized and the plugin hook might get executed multiple times, especially if a page builder plugin is involved.

The fix is a bit complicated to explain line by line, so I will rather link the fixed file here. Just replace the content of the wp-content\plugins\related-posts-pro\includes\hooks.php file on your web server with this one: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/anag0/fa0c44d214506daf45e65e132a05accc/raw/4b28d20ebf5079ed48a344356a8a0fce59229680/hooks.php

Make sure to have a back-up copy of everything just in case something goes wrong. If the issue was related to the known problem, this should hopefully solve it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Jamila
    Jamila
    Participant

Happy New Year Ernest!

And thank you for your response, I appreciate that you take the time so early in the new year. 🙂

Unfortunately that fix still didn’t do it. :/ I replaced the content of the hooks.php, but the sites would still not be loading. And yes, I used the same method – inserting a short code. But I also tried the automatic option to display it on all posts and the same error occurs.

Sorry for all the trouble and thanks for your help.

Jamila

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Jamila,

Thank you for your kind words!

Well, this might be something completely different, perhaps something unknown yet. Unfortunately I will need to be able to see both the back-end and the code as well to be able to debug through it. Can you please add them?

Also, can you please create a test post (or link me to a post) where you put the shortcode as you did, so I can investigate the error via FTP and see how it looks like from the back-end as well? It’s because I don’t want to make changes to your live posts 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Jamila
    Jamila
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Jamila,

Thank you again for the details, I was able to find the issue. It seems like there was a problem executing one or more shortcodes during the keyword extraction process. I wasn’t able to pinpoint which one exactly, but luckily there is an option on the plug-in back-end to disable shortcode execution.

For future reference, I’ve changed two of the options: https://i.imgur.com/6L3TVPt.png

The error should be gone now on all pages, hopefully.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Jamila
    Jamila
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

that is great news, everything is working now!
    I had no idea about this setting.

Thank you again so much for your support! I am really happy now with the working plugin. 🙂

Best,
    Jamila

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Plugin only working on one post (disables other posts)’ is closed to new replies.