Post Category Search Returning No Results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Post Category Search Returning No Results

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bebizzy
    bebizzy
    Participant

Created a search box that should be searching Posts with the Category of “Tech Talks”. I’ve excluded all others.

However, when you search for a tech talk it always returns no results even after clearing server and browser cache.. How can I set it up to display only from this post category?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for the details, I have checked your configuration and made a quick correction.

Since you only want results from a single category, excluding all the others is not neccessary. The reason why there were no results is, becasuse most of the posts from ‘Tech talks’ were in multiple categories, but because those categories were excluded, the plugin took that as priority and excluded the affected posts as well.

I resolved that, by simply clearing all the exclusions, and left the inclusion of ‘Tech Talks’ in effect: https://i.imgur.com/9sZI2QB.png

Now, you should only get results from post within the ‘Tech Talks’ category. I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.