Priority, Descripton, Categories

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Priority, Descripton, Categories

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    iammyal78
    iammyal78
    Participant

My client has an Intranet site where they have setup documents to be serched for.
    See the screenshot attached. I would like to prioritize the search of each document by searching the description 1st, then the category and then through the contents, is that possible? If so, how?

iammyal78
    iammyal78
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The tags and the categories are taxonomy terms both, so their relevance is calculated alltogether, it cannot be separated.
    You can change the keyword relevance modifiers under the Relevane Options subpanel. I would suggest giving a small number for the post content, a higher one for the taxonomy terms: https://i.imgur.com/NDL4ebB.png

If you are planning to use the index table engine, then it will also take the keyword occurence into consideration, and these numbers can be set for higher values as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

iammyal78
    iammyal78
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. If you want to set keyword/group priorities, then I would rather suggest checking the Group Priorities feature – that allows setting result priorities based on keywords and taxonomy term connections

2. You can use any number you want to, it is used as a base for further calculations

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.