Problem IE with results displaying

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Problem IE with results displaying

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by agenceseize agenceseize 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    agenceseize
    agenceseize
    Participant

Hello,

We have your plugin well configured but in IE 11, we have a problem when loading page and close search.
    Just when page loaded, the results frame appears without any action.
    Moreover, when the search bar get focus, the results appears even if the search is empty.
    These problems appears only on IE.

Do you know these issues ? Do you know how to resolve these ?

Thank you for your quick answer, we have to put this site in production tonight.

Nicolas

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Nicolas

Can I take a look at this somewhere. We are not aware of any similar issues with IE 11 at the moment.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

agenceseize
    agenceseize
    Participant

Thank you for your quick answer.

I’m sorry but the website in restricted by IP adresses. I can’t change that.

But I understand the page loaded problem, I have a dynamical change of the placeholder that surely gets focus on the search bar on IE… I don’t understand why but I disabled this feature on old IE to solve this. Not serious.

However, when the search bar get focus, the plugin automatically loads results even if the input still empty. Is there a way to check if the value is not empty before making ajax request ? This problem only appear in IE or old Edge.

Thanks,
    Nicolas

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Nicolas,

Can you try increasing the minimum character trigger value here: https://i.imgur.com/RmEqf6n.png
    It should very likely do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

agenceseize
    agenceseize
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

This option seems to not working in all browsers.
    I change this “Minimum word length” to 3 and the search bar load results just with 1 character. Is it normal ?

How can I load results only for a request of minimum 3 characters ?

Thank you,
    Nicolas

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Nicolas,

May I ask which browsers it does not work on? It should be completely independent of any browsers.
    I suggest completely clearing the browser cache, as it may affect this functionality. Let me know!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

agenceseize
    agenceseize
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    We’re gonna investigate because this problem seems to appear only on our website…
    Surely, a javascript or plugin conflict.
    I get you in touch.
    Nicolas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.