Problem with ajax search pro plugin and wpengine.com

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Problem with ajax search pro plugin and wpengine.com

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by dmconsulting dmconsulting 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sbrooks
    sbrooks
    Participant

I had a problem (I’m hosted on wpengine.com) they said your plugin was calling to some core(admin) stuff a ton of times and slowing the entire server down so they disabled it and recommended another search (non ajax)

Is this a common occurrence with this plugin? I would love to use it, is there an update to fix this issue if it’s a known issue?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

This is not a common occurence, I had tested it over 5 different hosts, and nothing was wrong. (cpu levels were normal, mysql server as well)

Did they provide a detailed description of this problem?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

sbrooks
    sbrooks
    Participant

This is what I was told:

“There is most likely a reference calling to admin-ajax.php in the theme or a plugin. Once we figure out what’s referencing that, we can re-enable admin-ajax.php for you. I am assigning this to a technician who can further assist you if you have any questions.”

Then they identified this plugin as the source of the errors.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I see. I need some more information on what exactly caused this, which calls to the admin-ajax.php, lines of code or something. There is nothing in the source code that can possibly slow down a high-end server. I also use to test my products on laptops running a simple xampp installation and it’s working flawlessly with no high cpu or database problems.
    I’m not saying it’s not this plugin, I just cant se how. Even on larger databases (like 100 000 posts and so) it was working just normally.
    If they could identify what exactly, which function or functions are causing this issue, I’m more than happy to help or remove those lines.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

dmconsulting
    dmconsulting
    Participant

We are experiencing the same problem on a dedicated server based on linux/cpanel.

Your plugin was installed, bundled with the wordpress theme “one community” by diaboliquedesign.com

In the attached image, you can see that on the report for open processes given by cpanel, this plugin is accounting for 73% cpu load. And as more webpages are opened, new processes open, resulting in an almost useless server due to high cpu load.

Is there any way to solve this? If you want to know more details feel free to contact us.

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Sorry for the late answer, I investigated the issue on my server, but I couldn’t get any good results.
    Can you please add more details about the issue above?

Are you doing a search when the tabs are opened, or the performance goes up only by opening the tabs?

There is one possible thing, that can cause this:
    Precaching. If the precaching in the caching settings is activated, it parses through the posts and saves the image thumbnails, it’s a processor-heavy operation on some servers. (it depends on the amount of posts and the complexity of the post content)
    Please try to turn off the precaching and let me know how it affects the cpu load, it may help.

If not, then I will figure out another solution as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

dmconsulting
    dmconsulting
    Participant

at the moment the site is still in development, but already there are more or less 70 between posts, pages and buddypress groups, we also have bbpress installed for running the forums.

in this phase we do not use search at all .

The server is a dedicated 1.8ghz dual core intel atom, with 2 other sites running regularly, in the following days we are transfering the website to a hosted solution for pre launch tests. If you wish, once the site is tranfered i can link the test site to you.

As for precaching, i must run some tests next week, and try to share the results with you.

Thank you for the answer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.