Problem with characters in search query?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Problem with characters in search query?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by rsurfer rsurfer 1 year ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rsurfer
    rsurfer
    Participant

Hi

I’ve noticed an issue when trying to find product reference codes.

On this page, in the product tables you will see product codes: https://www.logicool-ac.com/products/ceiling-inverter-2-3/

If I search for e.g. “S-36PT2E5A”, nothing is found, however if I only search for the part after the dash e.g. “36PT2E5A” it is found, so adding the dash appears to be a problem.

Is there a setting that can be adjusted to correct this?

Thanks
    Paul

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for the details! I have found a possible issue with the tokenizer in relation to the tablepress shortcodes. I have made a minor correction on the code to address that. I will make sure to include this fix in the ucpming release so you don’t have to worry about it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

rsurfer
    rsurfer
    Participant

Thank you Ernest! I appreciate you fixing the issue. I will make sure to update the plugin as soon as it’s available.

Kind regards
    Paul

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

rsurfer
    rsurfer
    Participant

I have another question unrelated to the original issue, I’ll create a new topic if necessary.

The text “PT2” appears in the short description of this product, yet searching for it doesn’t return any results. Short description is included the search index, so would you mind checking my other settings to see why it’s not being found?

Thanks again

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sure!

It appears that the short description was actually stored in a different meta field. I have included these fields in the meta fields column, now it seems to be okay. Let me know!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

rsurfer
    rsurfer
    Participant

Ah thank you Ernest! I didn’t realise that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.