Problem with Custom Fields

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Problem with Custom Fields

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Patryk.Slowik35 Patryk.Slowik35 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Patryk.Slowik35
    Patryk.Slowik35
    Participant

Good morning, Not so long time ago I started asking about Ajax Search Pro. I got the instructions but they doesn’t work in the way that I wanted. I want that filter from custom forms to open the same as in the screenshoot below

View post on imgur.com

How to set this? It would be the best to have it all in one column to choose between filter the advanced custom fields and checkbox, titles, author’s and keywords, like this

View post on imgur.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, you can set the number of columns in the settins box here: https://i.imgur.com/B3HdHw7.png
    These default options should print a single columnt on the settings only.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Patryk.Slowik35
    Patryk.Slowik35
    Participant

Yeah, i undestand but my problem is about show filtr with Advanced Custom Fields in column. I want to check or uncheck to search in selected ACF by searched word. For example, by typing “bicycle” in the search field, I want to be able to select it to search by keywords, which is ACF. In the same way typing “Kurosawa”, I want to be able to mark the search for the authors of the bikes, also ACF’s. So I need a similar filter to search categories, but to ACF

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m afraid that is not possible. There is no generic filter to choose to search custom fields.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Patryk.Slowik35
    Patryk.Slowik35
    Participant

And there is no custom code to add this?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I always recommend something if there is a way, but this is way to complicated. The core would have to be changed to add a new option, as well as the search handlers to know what to do when these options are handled. I’m afraid there is no custom code nor minor modification possible in this case.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Patryk.Slowik35
    Patryk.Slowik35
    Participant

I have found there that Frontend filter api can help me with my problem.
    https://knowledgebase.ajaxsearchpro.com/frontend-filters/frontend-filters-api?fbclid=IwAR3qpefe6TBLS0Nllu1SyK9p6PGmLvKB5jBMVf0PAXl2_HQG5WD1XKkQIXo
    Sorry for dragging the topic, but it is very important to my project.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.