Problem with odd search results as I refine my search

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Problem with odd search results as I refine my search

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    osynlig31
    osynlig31
    Participant

Hi we are getting some undesirable search-a-head results in our AJAX Pro search when we search for products in a Woocommerce store.

At the moment it is showing all the relevant products when you start typing “re” like:
    – Ready to read – 5 book series
    – Recipes for Writing
    – Read and Respond
    – Reading for Meaning & information – Book A
    – Reading for Meaning & information – Book B
    – Reinforcing Science – 1,2,3,4

but as soon as you add “rea” it stops showing some relevant search results that you would expect to still be there and only displays 3 products, why it disregards some we do not know and we can not find a way to fix it. Would you be able to help?
    – Ready to Read – 5 book series
    – Read and Respond
    – Really helpful research skills

There are no error messages it just seems like the plugin or algorithm is not tweaked right?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

osynlig31
    osynlig31
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you, that worked.

I have found and corrected the issue. On the General Options there were 4 post types chosen (including product_variation), however under the grouping only 3 of them. The “missing” results were made up from the product variation goup, which was automatically removed during post process.
    Since I think you didn’t want to display variations in the first place, based on the grouping options, I changed that under the general options: https://i.imgur.com/tePoedt.png

Now the most relevant expected results should be visible.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.