Problem with turkish letter

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Problem with turkish letter

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    halukkuruoglu17
    halukkuruoglu17
    Participant

When searching words which start with one Turkish letter “İ” leads to no results found error, no matter if you search with caps lock or not. For the other Turkish characters like Ş there is no error.

PS. Turkish İ is i in small caps and I is ı in small caps which is different from other latin languages where I is in small caps i and there is no İ and ı

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details!

I checked your configuration, and it was not the issue with the letters, but simply the contents were not indexed, the option was disabled. I re-enabled the content indexing and created a new index table here: https://i.imgur.com/E3VY47D.png
    I believe it should be okay now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

halukkuruoglu17
    halukkuruoglu17
    Participant

No it is not OK now, we do not search content, we only search the titles (book and author). Now the results are not what we want!

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m sorry, I was mistaken.

I found the issue, but I may need FTP details to be able to resolve this. I tried to login via FTP with the given details, but it does not seem to work unfortunately. Can you please check that?

The issue is that the character “İ” lowercases to “i̇” (ı + a special dot character) and that is not the same as “i”. So searching “i̇yi” will give results, but searching “iyi” will not – because those are not the same letters.
    I can probably code an exception there to index both versions of the word where this special character is found.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

halukkuruoglu17
    halukkuruoglu17
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

halukkuruoglu17
    halukkuruoglu17
    Participant

I will ask to hosting company to grant access so it will take around 24h please try not to change your IP

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you very much, I will try to keep the connections alive. Let me know when they approve.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

halukkuruoglu17
    halukkuruoglu17
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

While we wait for the approval I looked at the db and found the diacrtitic overdot you described.

I think it can be solved within the function which transforms the indexed terms to lowercase.

Please be aware also that the uppercase I is indexed as i now, but it has to be ı (i-no-dot &#x00131)

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yes, that is exactly what I am about to do. However both the original and the transformed keyword needs to be considered. Until then I will try to resolve this on a local server first, so I only need to apply the fix for you. I am almost sure I can replicate this issue locally as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

halukkuruoglu17
    halukkuruoglu17
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

I understand. Meantime the hosting company has granted access to your ip address, please try the ftp connection again.

Thank you

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you, I was able to access the FTP account now.

In the meantime I managed to find a possible solution, so I quickly implemented it to your site. I re-created the index table, now that letter should be hopefully manged correctly.
    Please let me know, and I will mark this as a permanent fix for the upcoming release.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

halukkuruoglu17
    halukkuruoglu17
    Participant

Yes it is resolved now, thank you

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.