Problem with woocommerce. does not find all our products

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Problem with woocommerce. does not find all our products

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ciprian
    ciprian
    Participant

htaccess login details:
    chess_player
    anCx#?aSa%zG

Hello,

This is our test server and it’s password protected. Use the login details above.

About our setup: we use WPML one domain per language setup. I have a feeling this is what’s causing the problems.

Our problems are pretty straight forward – this plugin does not find all our woocommerce products. To debug this, on our homepage here: http://en.artifie.com/ – try to search “manifesto” – this should return a lot of results, but it doesn’t. Below the search you can see a product called: “The Club Player’s Manifesto – (Volumes 51-60)”

For instance, the default wordpress search is finding results when searching for “manifesto”:
    http://en.artifie.com/?s=manifesto&lang=en

Hopefully you guys can find a solution to this. We just noticed and we are using this plugin on our live website.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It’s actually not that. When I disabled the category/term exclusion it started to work again. Then I remembered someone had a similar bug, which is related to a certain configuration. It basically happens when categories are excluded on the frontend search settings page and the settings are hidden.
    Anyways, I have fixed the bug in the code, the upcoming version has this fixed, so you don’t have to worry about updates.

To get more results don’t forget to enable the Search in content option, as I noticed it’s disabled.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ciprian
    ciprian
    Participant

Sounds good, but there are about 100 options there – been looking at this for 15 minutes now and I cannot find any option to disable category/term exclusion. I need to do this in our live site. Can you please point it for me ?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You don’t need to disable anything, I’ve already fixed the issue, it does not exclude any categories now.

For future reference, if you need to exclude categories or terms, you can read more about how it work in the following chapters of the documentation:

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

ciprian
    ciprian
    Participant

Oh god, either I’m retarded or this is a really weird problem. As I said, whatever you did – I need to do it again on our live site. You fixed the problem on our test site. I have no idea of how you fixed this or what you did. Can you please explain me. I already wasted 5 hours on this checking every single of those 100+ options of this plugin.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I didn’t say I changed anything on the settings, I said I fixed a bug in the code, which is related to a specific set of configuration, and was discovered lately.

If you copy over the changed files to the live environment, it should be fixed. To make sure the CSS files are generated correctly, you can save the search options once you transfered the files to the live environment.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.