Problems with accents

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jdperber
    jdperber
    Participant

Hello! I’m thrilled with your Ajax Search Pro plugin, but I’m encountering an issue when displaying results in Spanish. When I perform a search with an accent, it doesn’t recognize the name correctly and displays “no results.” Let me provide an example:

I have a category called Málaga. If you write Málaga (with the accent), it works perfectly, but if you write “Malaga” (without the accent), it shows a search error. The same happens with other searches. How could this be fixed?
    Greetings and thank you in advance.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details!

Generally WordPress database tables are case and accent insensitive by default. These issues in most cases need to be resolved on the host, by converting the underlying database to a case and accent insensitive one (which should be the default). Some things can be forced via the plugin, I will check if there is anything I an do.

Unfortunately I can’t login. Both the admin and the wp-login pages give me an internal server error when I try to reach them. Can you please check?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

jdperber
    jdperber
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you Daniel!

I checked, and the live search results were actually all right, so that means that the results page override was not actually in effect – I am guessing you might be using some sort of a custom content plugin or a custom loop of some sort to the results page.
    Anyways, enabling the query soft check option seems to have resolved the issue and Ajax Search Pro now forces it’s results to the results page.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.