Problems with attachment search

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Problems with attachment search

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Stefan1904
    Stefan1904
    Participant

Hi,

i have several problems with attachment search (PDF files) and live search. I use the regular search engine, but the problems are also there with the index table engine.

Example:
    Filename: inspec-ipa-051128.pdf
    File Title: InSpec IPA Lot. 051128

Search term: inspec
    2 results: InSpec IPA Lot. 051128 and inspec-ipa-051128
    This happens only when i activate “Search in attachment titles?”

Search term: doggy
    The wheel is spinning infinitely. This happens with every search term which has no results.

Stefan.

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by Stefan1904 Stefan1904.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you please also provide temporary FTP and back-end details to your test environment? I’m not able to re-create these issues, I will have to check them directly. Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Stefan1904
    Stefan1904
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Stefan1904
    Stefan1904
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Stefan1904
    Stefan1904
    Participant

I have tracked down the problem that it shows the same pdf twice. I have WPML installed and the title of both languages is the same for this file.

Would be nice if you could patch it so that only the files of the actual language are shown in search.

The other problem with infinite spinning is still there though.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That explains it, I did not know WPML affects attachments as well. Let me check on both issues.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Can you please check the back-end login details, I’m not able to log-in with them, the FTP is okay. Thank you!

I see there is a password protection, it might be the cuase of the infinite spinning, as .htpassword protection sometimes conflicts with ajax requests. I might be wrong though, I will check once I can log-in.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Stefan1904
    Stefan1904
    Participant

I just deinstalled the plugin, deleted the tables in the sql database and reinstalled the plugin. Now the inifinite spinning is gone. But the problem with attachments shown twice is still there.

Yes, WPML makes attachment content translatable.

Last questions:
    1. “Use the image of image mime types as the result image?” is not working. It shows no PDF-Icon for the search results.
    2. PDF files have a caption and a description. If both fields are filled, the caption will be shown and not the description. When the caption is empty the description is shown. How can i make it so that only the description is shown?
    3. I tried to use HTML-Tags for description (linebreaks and lists) but these are ignored in search results. Is it possible to show them or at least somehow make it possible to use linebreaks?

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Stefan1904 Stefan1904.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Because that option means, that if the attachment is an image file, use it as the thumbnail. However this is a PDF file, so it won’t work. As an alternative, on the General Options -> Image options panel, you can choose the post format icon as one of the alternative sources. In that case it will display the attachment icon: https://i.imgur.com/h3ksHdS.png

There is also a possibility to set a default image, if that fits better.

2. It is because for the media files the caption is stored as post excerpt, and the description is stored as post content – and by default the plugin is set to display the excerpt, if not exists, then the content. You can change that on the Advanced Options -> Content panel: https://i.imgur.com/8XzylIw.png

3. It’s also because by default almost all HTML tags are stripped from the content for maximum compatibility. It’s also adjustable on the same panel as before: https://i.imgur.com/R6jl30j.png

If you want lists and breaks to appear, use something like this as the exception values:

<abbr><b><br><ul><li><ol>

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.