products dont appear to search pro suggestions too quickly

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support products dont appear to search pro suggestions too quickly

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Aksu,

The suggestions script changes the capitalization based on the character entered. They are actually stored lower case: https://i.imgur.com/1vvDxrI.png
    But that is not an issue, it can be capitalized via CSS easily.

Since it supports HTML, I have changed the advanced title field to this: https://i.imgur.com/9FF8OlQ.png
    Now the Band name should be all caps, the rest is unchanged.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

aksulaattori
    aksulaattori
    Participant

Love ya!

Have to mention, this is easily the best support channel i’ve seen in wp-scene.

thnx so much.

aksu

aksulaattori
    aksulaattori
    Participant

hello ernest,

sorry to get back to you, but we still have issues with the artist name in the product suggestions.

for example last week imports TESTAMENT and STEVE HACKETT, sometimes the search shows the name, sometimes not.

any extra ideas?

thank you already!

aksu

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Aksu,

I believe it was only the cache causing the problem. Probably the query was executed before the import finished with the custom fields, and was cached without the artist name (as it did not exist at the time). I have turned the cache off for now: https://i.imgur.com/dpLPVN4.png
    Let’s see if the issue re-appears again.

It should not make a big difference in performance, the database uses an own cache system, that should do the trick as well 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

aksulaattori
    aksulaattori
    Participant

big thanx again!

general question about the cache: i am not sure how to deal with it. should it be on / off all the time and what are the best practices with it, now that we have this import-thing. is it even related to that?

one more thing that interests me even more: we assume that we have a very large woo-store. what are the biggest stores that u give support to? what is the amount of the products for example?

we always brag about our store, that it must be at least the biggest in finland!

thnx,

aksu

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Aksu,

You are welcome.

The cache is good if you have a big pile of static content, which is not really true in your case, as it expands frequently. I would recommend having it turned off all together.

The database size should not really affect the plugin at all. In my experience, if the server can handle the store, then the plugin will as well. The index table queries are very highly optimized, and the queries are terminated at certain point as well. The biggest databases I have seen had over 100 000 products, and it ran smoothly.

I guess you mainly (or only?) want to search products? If you ask me, I would recommend exactly this configuration for the most optimal and fastest queries:

1. Turning off the cache: https://i.imgur.com/QHaw3Gh.png
    Explanation: Since you are already using the index table engine, and your content grows, it will be less resource heavy to bypass the cache. It means no file related operations, which may be slower than database.

2. De-selecting custom post types, that you don’t need in the results list under the General Options -> Sources panel, so only product is selected: https://i.imgur.com/NhTbx9V.png

3. De-selecting returning any taxonomy terms as results under the General Options -> Sources 2 panel: https://i.imgur.com/0cew1uC.png
    Explanation to 2. & 3.: Since you only want products as results (?), then disabling anything else will remove any overhead from the search. The index table already indexes the products by these taxonomy terms.

4. (optional) Enabling the custom ajax handler: https://i.imgur.com/ZGpGOXY.png

This is the most stable, fastest possible configuration for your server, in my honest opinion. If you stick to this, then it should give you results consistently, using the least amount of resources possible.

I hope this helps 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

One more thing I forgot.
    5. Keeping the results limit around 10 is also a very good performance boost: https://i.imgur.com/1M2xTn6.png
    The ‘load more results’ feature will take care of users when they need to see more results. In most cases however 10 is sufficient.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

aksulaattori
    aksulaattori
    Participant

site optimized now!

you kinda red my mind, i was looking for the most optical solution for the whole experience. your search is so massive that it’s hard to keep in mind what is wise and what is not wise to do.

i think this is it. many thanx for your help. we have to archive the latest post, it is so informative.

have to ask one question, dunno if u can help us but let’s try: we try to build a alphabetical navigation for the artists in the page. yes, we already have the possibility to sort everything from a to z. but what we fantasize about, is a alphabetical pagination, whatever, for the artists. you have any tools or plugins in mind for us?

thnx so much, once again!

aksu

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Aksu,

Thanks for your kind words!

Unfortunately I’m not familiar with any plugins in that field, I’m sorry.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

aksulaattori
    aksulaattori
    Participant

hello again from finland and jaansarkija.fi!

i am sorry for writing you outside the support period, but i think i have a rather simply question for you. the thing is that i have lost my memory as i have had a break with the webstore of 2 years.

now we are sending new stuff to the page and we have similar issues that we used to have 2 years ago. what i see, every option is similar to the situation 2 years back, as you so kindly told us what to do with the settings.

but now, as we import new stuff to the page, for some reason the ajax search cant combine the artist and the album name. the products are imported, but somehow the ajax hides the album title and gives only the name of the artist. again, the album title is there, but without the artist name.

is there something that has happened during the 2 years. of course, wordpress/woocommerce has updated. maybe everything is related to that? but any quickies you could help us with?

thank you so much, i was lucky to find this old discussion around jaansarkija.fi.

aksu

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If nothing was changed nowhere, it should work all right. If this is only happening on the new product, then the custom field might be missing from them. It is also possible that the new attributes are now stored as taxonomy terms. Try using this advanced title field, to see if it makes any difference:

{titlefield}[ - <span style='text-transform:uppercase'>{pa_esittaja}</span>][ - <span style='text-transform:uppercase'>{__tax_pa_esittaja}</span>]

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘products dont appear to search pro suggestions too quickly’ is closed to new replies.