Question about formatting ajax search pro

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Question about formatting ajax search pro

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Keymaster
2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Participant

The plugin is installed and working well.

One question: Is there a way to have 20 some categories show on the search page without having to use a scrolling device? When published on a page there is so much room there and I can’t find a way to spread out the categories like was done for the TV search custom fields. Is there a way to do this? I will include an image to explain.

Thanks you.

Tom

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Tom,

Currently there is no option for that. Someone recently asked a similar question, and I recommended a custom CSS solution, to display the categories next to one another. Try this:

.asp_sb {
        max-width: none !important;
    }

.asp_sb fieldset {
        flex: 1 1 0 !important;
    }

.asp_sb fieldset.asp_filter_tax {
        flex: 10 1 auto !important;
    }

.asp_filter_tax,
    .asp_filter_tax .asp_simplebar-content {
        display: flex !important;
        flex-wrap: wrap;
    }

It should result in something like this: https://i.imgur.com/ZQRC8mg.png

It is not the best possible solution, but it may as well work.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Participant

Thank you! That works great! Perfect in fact.

Preface – I am sure this is user error since when I create a new search instance, without any adjustments and using the regular search engine it works fine! But on the custom searches I get this:

Now I just have to figure out what the checkboxes do. Sometimes when I check a checkbox it spins and the check disappears. Other times the search spins, it comes up with no posts even with the category selected. Then sometimes if I remove the checkmark it spins again and gives a different search result. When I check two categories and search on a term sometimes it comes with no results even though I know there are some posts in those categories using those terms. Am I making bad assumptions about what the checkboxes mean? Are there settings I have used that are throwing things off?

Thanks so much

Tom

Hi,

It must be the checkbox logic. It is situational of course, but by default, the plugin displays results, when all of the checkboxes match from the given taxonomy.

I suggest experimenting a bit with these options, to get the preferred results: https://i.imgur.com/jLeJf57.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.