Question about results page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Question about results page

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    RichMinx45
    RichMinx45
    Participant

Hello I have a question about customizing the results page, here is a quick screencast, xxxxxxxxx can you please delete this after watching. 🙂

Thanks and kind regards

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by RichMinx45 RichMinx45.
    RichMinx45
    RichMinx45
    Participant

Just wanted to let you know I worked the page template out, that had nothing to do with your plugin. 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for the details, it helps us a lot.

You are looking for the more results feature, that will do the trick for the redirection under the results box.

The results page is a bit more complicated than that. The plugin can not and does not create a custom page for the results – it is a WordPress related limitation of archive pages and how they work. In your case the “Woocommerce results page” would be the optimal solution, but I am guessing you might not be using WooCommerce or have a theme that does not use that page. The custom URL is for cases, when the actual search results archive page is located elswhere (via custom mod_rewrite rules), and you want to adapt the search to that.

The upcoming release (v4.18) will include a new feature that supports custom results pages via Elementor Posts widget – that will offer a way to redirect the search results to any page that includes an elementor pro posts widget. That should be released within 3 days.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

RichMinx45
    RichMinx45
    Participant

Thanks mate appreciated!

RichMinx45
    RichMinx45
    Participant

Hi, just a query about the search page I made with elementor and the filter plugin working with your ajax plugin, under 1 min, xxxxxxx thanks

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by RichMinx45 RichMinx45.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

That looks like there is maybe a conflict of some sort, but it is hard to tell without actually seeing the issue. I am guessing that either the other plugin might be unable to handle some of the parameters, or maybe there is a script loading issue.
    I would suggest turning off the search override feature to see if that makes any difference.

I also suggest clearing any layers of cache you are using, after changing the options, that could also help.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

RichMinx45
    RichMinx45
    Participant

Thank you that worked in regards to the search filter staying after search, but for some reason it does not show the right amount of searches.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you mean the filter system? That might be an issue with that plugin.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

RichMinx45
    RichMinx45
    Participant

No when you “view more” from the ajax search box and get taken to the results page, eg in the ajax search it states eg 17 products and then on the results page a completely different result, probably a conflict? Such a shame, do you know any facet search plugins that work with your plugin?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Oh okay, I see it now. Because the results override feature is turned off to resolve the issue with the filter not showing up, the search only redirects to the results page, but does not initiate an override. That means, the standard search results are displayed, which can be different.
    The number can still vary a bit even if the override is active, because that is only a quick approximation for faster live search results.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

RichMinx45
    RichMinx45
    Participant

Thanks Ernest you help has been appreciated!

RichMinx45
    RichMinx45
    Participant

Oh is there any way to configure your plugin to display categories as well as products and popular searches like the search feature of this plugin? eg type in dog and you will see what I mean – http://woocommerce.instantsearchplus.com/

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, not the popular searches, but you can include taxonomy terms as results, this should help. There is also a grouping feature, in case you want to separate the results groups.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.