Quickfinders among search results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Quickfinders among search results

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dg-servizi48
    dg-servizi48
    Participant

I’m building a website for a company
    https://home.datamars.com/

This site has integrated Office 365 authentication, so to be able to enter to see it you can do it with the credentials that I put and that I report below but first by entering the administration page.

PROBLEM
    We would like to obtain quickfinders in the search results, so that they are directly clickable.

As an example, if you search for the term “Academy”, the page entitled “Quick links LMS” appears as a search result, which contains 2 quickfinders that contain this word.

With what settings do I make these quickfinders appear directly on the search results page, so that clicking on them will lead directly to their link?

Thanks

DG Services

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by dg-servizi48 dg-servizi48.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the details, but I cannot log-in with the details. The microsoft login says, that there are no such user.

Unless these quick links are available as either custom post types for some sort, or taxonomy terms, then I’m afraid that is not possible. Optimally, each result should be a separate post type object.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

dg-servizi48
    dg-servizi48
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

dg-servizi48
    dg-servizi48
    Participant
    dg-servizi48
    dg-servizi48
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The “Quickfinder Items” post type seems to be the one you are looking for: https://i.imgur.com/IzbKJti.png
    However it looks like it’s a sort of “private” post type, with a different structure, and no permalinks, so it may not work.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

dg-servizi48
    dg-servizi48
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, that the plugin cannot affect unfortunately. Looks like that post type stores the URL in a custom field or somewhere else, however WordPress will always display the original permalink.
    Form the page editor, it looks like the custom field is thegem_quickfinder_item_data

You can try a custom code, but you might have to ask the theme/plugin author as well, which implements this post type, to suggest how to get the correct URL.
    Try adding this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory. Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

add_filter('post_type_link', 'asp_get_link_cf', 9999999999, 2);
    function asp_get_link_cf( $url, $post ) {
    	$data = get_post_meta($post->ID, 'thegem_quickfinder_item_data', true);
    	if ( !empty($data) ) {
    		$data = maybe_unserialize($data);
    		if ( isset($data->link) ) {
    			return $data->link;
    		}
    	}

return $url;
    }

This may not work, but should be close to a possible solution.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.