Recommended Settings for 6 CPUs 10 GB RAM

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Recommended Settings for 6 CPUs 10 GB RAM

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rifatspir96
    rifatspir96
    Participant

My website have 5000 products with lots of variations. I’m using siteground cloud plan 6 CPUs, 10 GB RAM only for my website. I saw major spikes in ram and cpu sometimes after started using this plugin. is there any recommended settings for this plugin to use less memory? Any suggestion?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure, I strongly recommend using the index table engine. That will greatly improve the performance, as the search queries will be executed on an indexed table.
    You can also enable caching, which will gradually build and decrease the load on repetitive queries.
    You can still expect some load of course, if your users are actively using the search – as it needs to perform the queries.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

rifatspir96
    rifatspir96
    Participant

yes i’m already using index table and also caching enabled (Caching method: File)

Here is last few days Performance statistics. is that normal?

Search queries tracked: 6736
    Average request runtime: 0.182 s
    Average request peak memory usage: 1.91 MB
    Last request runtime: 0.267 s
    Last request peak memory usage: 6 MB

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Maybe try changing the caching method from file to database – in your case it might be better, as you have a lot of cores and RAM available.

Those numbers look fine to me. If you want to be sure, you can run a table defragmentation: https://i.imgur.com/fuHMO7J.png

If you want, you can also check this documentation for other suggestions to maximize the performance.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

rifatspir96
    rifatspir96
    Participant

I set the Caching method to database. After 1 day when i cleared the cache it show me this.

Cache successfully cleared! 0 record(s) deleted at 10/12/2021 @ 13:18:16

Looks like caching not working in my site.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It is fine for sure, the clear only counts the files, not the database records. (due to performance issues – on high amount of rows the count query on mySQL/mariaDB is extremely slow, and the clear command would hang)

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.