Redirect Results Page to a Custom URL with variable

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Redirect Results Page to a Custom URL with variable

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ramirces
    ramirces
    Participant

Hello.

I would like to redirect the results of a search to a custom URL with variable.

Here you can see and example: I search “New York” and I want that it leads to “/results?city=newyork.”

Example url: https://tripuniq.com.

Currently, when I push in the result it leads to me to the correspondent custom post. ¿Could you tell me how can I force that redirection in the results?

I marked “Redirect to custom url when clicking on a result?” And i need “Trigger live search when typing?” active.

Currently, i using a forced redirect with .htaccess.

Thank You

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no such feature in the plugin. The one on the link is a custom solution, that sort of loads a result, and the redirects to a pre-defined set of URLs.

There is however a feature that re-directs automatically to the first matching result. Using that is the closest thing I can think of. Additionaly, I think it would be possible to create a custom code, that could potentially detect the phrase, and modify first matching result URL – thus the plugin would redirect to that. Let me know if you are interested in something like that, and I will look into a custom code.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.