This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by
- June 30, 2014 at 5:09 pm #1895Participant
I am currently testing.
Please answer the following:
1. How do I remove the author (Brett) from showing up in the search results?
2. It seems like it takes a long time to search and load – how can I speed that up?
You can view my test page at http://southernofficespace.com/justmoretests/
Thanks a lot!!
BrettJuly 1, 2014 at 11:58 am #1901Keymaster
1. You can turn it off on the layout panel: https://i.imgur.com/X6tiiWA.png
2. The speed mostly depends on:
- The amount and quality of the wordpress plugins installed.
- The server response time
- The database size
80% of the time of the ajax request is the loading of the wordpress core. Some plugins load themselves on ajax requests as well – that’s a huge slowdown. The only thing to do about this is to try other plugins or try the search without plugins.
Big databases also can affect the speed, but usually under 10 000 records they are barely visible – I think it’s not your case.
The server response time can be very different from different locations and the wordpress core affects it exponentially.Best,
If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.