Renaming Search Form

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dawgs85
    dawgs85
    Participant

Hi,

After using the Lite version of Ajax Search and being satisfied with it, I decided to purchase the Pro version because I need more than one instance and settings for the search on my site.

So I imported my settings to my first instance from the Lite version (and also deactivated the Lite version as instructed), gave it a name and then copied it to create my second search instance where there will be only one small change.

However, one of the most basic settings I’m trying to change is the NAME of the copied search form.

The copied search form will not allow me to change the name and I can’t figure out how to do it!?

Every time I type in the new name, it reverts back to the original name with xxxxx-duplicate on the end of it.

See the attached screen shot.

I want to rename Models Search duplicate to Site Search.

I hate to say it, but this makes me a little concerned when such a basic feature (the ability to rename or name our search form instances) is either not working or this complicated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Drew
    Las Vegas, NV

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you please try entering the name, and then hitting the return (enter) button, if that does have any effect? A pop-up window should show up, and after confirmation, the page should reload with the correct name.
    It seems like this is a minor script issue with the rename icon not properly triggering the submit event on the rename form. I have noted this, and will make sure to correct it for the upcoming release.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

dawgs85
    dawgs85
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Yes…hitting the enter key after typing in my new instance name worked.

What was confusing is the pencil icon to the right of the instance name. I assumed clicking the pencil icon saves the new name.

But the pencil icon doesn’t seem to do anything.

What is the pencil icon for?

Thank you,
    Drew

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

dawgs85
    dawgs85
    Participant

Awesome…thanks!

Bought the pro version.

Great plug-in and does everything I need so far.

One suggestion though.

There are so many settings that trying to find a setting that I found earlier can take some time.

You might consider a ‘basic’ or ‘simple’ settings view for the settings you feel most people will use and then an ‘advanced’ settings view to show all the settings.

Or better yet…a ‘my settings’ where we can group together the settings we use most often whenever we create a new search instance.

Maybe you already have that in the settings but I haven’t seen it.

All my best,
    Drew

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Drew,

That is actually a great idea. I will consider somehow adding a ‘simple view’ or a ‘basic view’ feature, to hide the more advanced options, that most users may not need whatsoever.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.