Replace default search in XStore theme

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Replace default search in XStore theme

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    paskyo
    paskyo
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve got the XSTORE Theme with a default search feature.
    I want to replace this one by Ajax Search Pro I’ve purchased, but, depsite of my settings, nothing happens…

I send you the theme-function file included in my theme (the search function is in this) in case you want to see how it works.

I’ve tried disabling all other plugins but nothing changed…

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yohann

paskyo
    paskyo
    Participant

*removed for archivation*

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko. Reason: the content was moved to a txt file attached
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Yohann,

Thank you very much for the details. Unfortunately the functions.php file does not contain information about the search form on the site. It is very likely hard coded somewhere in the header template files – that is the reason the automatic replacement has no effect.
    You might have to ask the theme author for instructions on how to replace it, or if you want, you can add temporary FTP details to your ticket and I will try to locate it and replace it for you.
    Please note, that I will do my best to help you out, but I cannot guarantee a solution when making modifications to files.

Let me know!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

paskyo
    paskyo
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I managed to find the corresponding file in the theme directory. I have made a override copy of it to the child theme, with the replacement. You can find it in the woosearch.php file in the xstore-child directory.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.