Request Failed Status 403

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Wp18dev
    Wp18dev
    Participant

Hello,

Sometimes when I acces the site, I get the error you can see in the screen shoot. Could you assist me?

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The default WordPress ajax handler cannot be accessed on your site. If you check this URL, it should print out simply a ‘0’ character – that would mean it works. This needs to be accessible for everyone in order for the WordPress ajax requests to work.
    Usually, the cause is a .htaccess rule, that is incorrect, but it can be an incorrect file permission as well. Please check your .htaccess file for the rules, as well as any firewall/security restrictions, so that the file can be accessed, otherwise WordPress cannot work correctly.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Wp18dev
    Wp18dev
    Participant

Hello, I have checked the URL and I get the 0 character.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please check it via an incognito browser tab. You are probably logged in, and then it is probably allowed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Wp18dev
    Wp18dev
    Participant

Hello, I did it again and I got the 0 again.

Maybe I should tell you that the problem its not all the time, from time to time I get that error.

THanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am seeing this when I try to access it: https://i.imgur.com/ajn4TgQ.png
    I see this every time though. It might be related to a firewall/security filter somewhere. Error 403 means that there is no permission to access the resource. It is either set on the server, or somewhere on the hosting panel. Unfortunately the plugin has no effect on this.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Wp18dev
    Wp18dev
    Participant

Ok, thanks, so what I need to do is to contact the hosting and tell them to change the permissions on that file?
    Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

That will probably do the trick. You should also check any security settings, such as plugins, as well as firewalls and the .htaccess file to make sure there is no malformed rule there.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.