Result of searching on another page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Result of searching on another page

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by jean jean 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jean
    jean
    Participant

Hello,

I have a search field in the page header; And the results appear in another page.

Currently the search field in the header works, but shows me the results via the wordpress search page.
    I want to display the results in my page “rechercher”

I use Visual composer, I put in my page the item “result”.
    I saw in “logic & behavior” => Action when clicking the magnifier icon => “redirect to: custom URL”; Or I put the address of my page “search”.

It does not work … What is the right configuration?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Regard,
    J.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

WordPress unfortunately does not work that way, you cannot simply create a page and ‘redirect’ the results there. The search results are always handler by the search.php file in your theme directory, which by default is triggered whenever the ‘s’ query variable is set.

The only thing you can do is to change the site search URL to a ‘nice url’, and create a redirection rule for it via code, see this tutorial: http://wpengineer.com/2258/change-the-search-url-of-wordpress/

Then, you can enter the same custom url te search settings. I would only recommend doing the things in the tutorial if you have experience with .htaccess redirection rules, and I highly recommend having a full site back-up before doing any modification at all.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

jean
    jean
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you very much for help and clarification.
    it helps me a lot.

Best look,
    J.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.