Result page live loader/page redirect

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Result page live loader/page redirect

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Nicsa
    Nicsa
    Participant

Hey,
    Will it be possible the moment you either put a keyword or you select a tax…. from the dropdown it will start the live serach but redirect you to a live page I see it can do it but I don’t know how to setup and what short code is needed on the result page?

but it needs to be live
    and your script is working on https://holidayxentral.com/test-home/
    like this site https://www.thompsons.co.za/

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

The live results page loader is only an experimental feature, it highly depends on the theme and site structure, please note that.

To make it work, you need the same exact search instance on the results page. You can either use it as a widget, or place it somewhere as a shortcode in the sidebar, whichever you prefer.

Then, in your case, you need to enter this to the live results loader selector section:

.traveltour-content-area

This will select this area for replacement for the search results.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Nicsa
    Nicsa
    Participant

Hey,
    So when I do a live serach off my home page it will redirect to my the page I put the shortcode can it just be the result short code?
    or must it be the hole instance

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It can be either the whole instance, or the search, search + settings shortcodes, the results alone will not work.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

In fact, I would not recommend using the results shortcode there whatsoever, as it may conflict with the loader.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Nicsa
    Nicsa
    Participant

HEy,
    But then wont it display the search system on the result page and how does the system know that it has to redirect to the result page if there is not redirect link been specified?
    as I don’t want the instance of the search to be displayed on the result page I just want the results?

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sorry, I accidentally posted the wrong reply here. Your ticket will be answered as well soon.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yes, it will display the search bar on the results page with the filters. Is it not what you need there?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Nicsa
    Nicsa
    Participant

Hey,
    I don’t want the serach input box and the settings to be displayed on the result page I just want the results.
    is this possible?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

No, unfortunately that is not possible, the layout and design of the results there is fully controlled by the theme you are using. Usually the search.php file in the theme directory is the file to look for.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Nicsa
    Nicsa
    Participant

HEy,
    the live serach doesn’t work do you want the login details to check if everything is setup right
    this is what I did I created a page put the shortcode in that page.
    I set the container as .traveltour-content-area
    so when I select a field it still shows the results under the serach on the home page and not on the other page.
    please let me know what I am doing wrong
    https://holidayxentral.com/test-home/

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is not possible to redirect the results to a page of your choice. You can enable the results override and change the redirect options to redirect to the results page. The results page layout is however fully controlled by the theme you are using.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Nicsa
    Nicsa
    Participant

But it will only redirect when you press a button I want it to do it live but I tested the live search were it suppose to redirect but it doesn’t.
    Please explain to me what I am doing wrong?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Make sure that the magnifier and the return button are set for redirection. They are currently set to do a live search.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.