Result window opens over filter window

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Result window opens over filter window

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Aki Huck
    Aki Huck
    Participant

Hi,

currently the site frontend is password protected. Please use PW QbicconsultinG for access.

I have 2 small issues:
    1. When the result window opens, it covers the filter window. I could not find a setting to adjust the z-index for the filter window. I would like to add a higher z-index to the filter window. Is this possible in the plugin settings or should I handle this with a separate CCS?
    2. When the result window opens and I have more results to load and I load them by clicking on “More results” I see the scroll bar appearing but when I scroll I cannot do this within the result window. The whole page in the background scrolls. Which setting to I have to apply to scroll within the result window?

Thanks,
    Aki

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Aki,

1. You can change that in the plugin settings here: https://i.imgur.com/CcHazTC.png

2. The issue is caused by a 3rd party script unfortunately, it is not normal scroll behavior. It captures and prevents inner element scrolling and propagates it to the body scroll. It is this smoothscroll.js script file, which is located at:
    wp-content/themes/soledad/js/smoothscroll.js
    So it seems to be coming from the theme. Try checking the theme settings to turn off “smooth scrolling” or something similar. Nowdays it is not recommended to fiddle with scrolling behavior either as devices can already handle that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Aki Huck
    Aki Huck
    Participant

OK, thanks Ernest, your quick support is much appreciated.
    Can I ask you one more thing? I want to combine two words in a search request, and I thought I can handle this with AND between both words but that doesn’t work. Any idea why …?

Regards,
    Aki

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I see you are using generic filters and the exact matches selector is checked – which means that only exact matches are considered.
    You can either remove the generic filter or de-select the exact matches filter by default: https://i.imgur.com/EL1XFDu.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Aki Huck
    Aki Huck
    Participant

Thanks a lot, sometimes it can be so easy 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Aki Huck
    Aki Huck
    Participant

Sorry to get back to you again, but as a newcomer there are quite a few things I need to learn:

1. Is there a limit to the number of tags in the tags dropdown of the settings window? I’m missing all the tags after the letter ‘R’.

Kind regards,
    Aki

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yes – there is actually a hard limit set of 400 elements, which we intend to change to 10 000 in the upcoming release.

I have made that tiny tweak on the code editor on your back-end, now it should print all the tags 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.