results are not filtered on price

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support results are not filtered on price

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    optimus
    optimus
    Participant

Hi

I have integrated the search on my site, and i can make everything work, except the price slider. It takes extra long time for results to show up, but they do not correspond to the price bracket selected. What can i look into to find the error? My normal search is still active on /properties and does work with price.

Thank you

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I see two problems, one is actually a bug, the other one can be fixed quickly.

1. The results limit is set to 1000, which is extremely high. For large result sets wordpress will have to parse up to 1000 items before returning, which takes a long long time. The search process finishes quickly, but the post process of getting all of the post objects takes a long time. Another problem is that the isotope front-end scripts gets swamped by this huge amount of data, and it can cause the customer browser to freeze.

I rather recommend setting the limit to a maximum of 50, it’s more than enough for ajax results, people tend not to look farther than 20 items anyways. The best possible configuration is to have 10-15 results in the ajax list, and displaying the “more results” link on the bottom, which redirects the customer to the non-ajax results page, which is limited to over 500 items, but displays only a handful per page – conserving the performance.

2. There is a known bug with filtering the same custom field with two different filters, which I though I have fixed with the current release, but it didn’t work, sorry about that. This will be fixed within the upcoming release.
    I would also rather suggest using the range slider for this filtering, it’s much lighter for the database, as only a single “BETWEEN” operation is executed to get the correct custom field values.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

optimus
    optimus
    Participant

Hi Ernest

Its really cool with these very elaborate answers !!! I know the limit is high with 1000, but the results page does not work yet so its kinda of a temporary setup. Is it possible to change the pagination to infinite loading somewhere in the plugin? or would it need a complete rewrite ?

I will change to the range slider i just need to make the columns an uneven size, as it would need 70% space, and then 30% for the checkboxes. thats why i

Thanks a lot for the help, it means a lot

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Unfortunately it’s not possible to change the pagination. Everything is loaded up at once. I will think about a way to implement that, but I don’t exactly know if it’s possible without sacrificing performance. I need to run tests to confirm how query limits behave.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.