Results are slow to return

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Results are slow to return

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    adambot
    adambot
    Participant

I’ve been building our new site and your search plugin works great for returning the types of content I want. However, it sure seems really slow to return any results. Do you have tips you can share with me? I’ve been trying to look up answers in your documentation but didn’t have any luck. You can try a search yourself on our staging site (its in the top meta-nav area)

http://staging-dagobah.kinsta.com

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for the details, it helps me a lot!

Your configuration looks perfect, there was one missing thing though. The index table was generated, however the index table engine was not in use, so I enabled it here: https://i.imgur.com/1w1vM12.png

I have also enabled the custom ajax handler, that will give you an additional performance boost. There are other tips and tricks in that documentation chapter related to performance, but I believe in your case no further change is needed.

After testing on the performance tracker, the average execution time dropped from 1.7s to 0.15s, which is much better.

You should notice a much better response time now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

adambot
    adambot
    Participant

Great! They much faster, thank you! And thank you for the details on what exactly changed.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.