Results not showing in search results dropdown

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Results not showing in search results dropdown

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #7427
    Jeffrey Zhang
    Numaphon
    Participant

    Hello,

    I am having a problem with your plugin since I did a version update to the latest. I have not changed any settings but the results are not showing in dropdown. Please help me, the site in concern is a client’s site and has a lot of traffic. I need the search function to work ASAP.

    Thanks in advance,
    Edvin Uddfalk

    #7428
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi Edvin,

    I’m not able to log-in with the provided details, I’ve tried both admin and ftp, but no luck.

    I also cannot see the ajax search pro javascript anywhere on the page source. This might indicate a theme issue, as in the latest versions the scripts are automatically loaded in the theme footer section to prevent blocking page loading. If the wp_footer() function call is missing from the theme footer, it would explain this problem.

    Try turning off the Load scripts in footer option on the Compatibility settings submenu: https://i.imgur.com/CR5ERPY.png
    Don’t forget to clear your cache after doing so. I have a feeling this is going to solve this problem.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #7437
    Jeffrey Zhang
    Numaphon
    Participant

    Hello Ernest,

    So I tried your solution with no luck. The results are still not showing. I tried clear the cache too.

    Please use credentials to log in to the site, they are working now, the site admin is here: http://rydsbilglas.se/wp-admin

    #7438
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi!

    I’ve switched the Javascript source from “Minified” to “Minified scoped” and it fixed the problem.

    The problem was caused by multiple loading of the jQuery library. This is either hard coded into the header, or other plugins might queue up different versions of jQuery. Please not that this might cause numerous problems on your site – as loading jQuery multiple times resets the previous state, thus any jQuery plugins loaded going to be removed.

    To help you, I have highlighted the multiple instances, if you decide to investigate the problem.
    Instance 1: https://i.imgur.com/OiTsxIU.png
    Instance 2: https://i.imgur.com/uCUiC1F.png
    Instance 3: https://i.imgur.com/Gw61G80.png

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.