Results not working.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Powersolo
    Powersolo
    Participant

I have search working just fine. But when i do a search, the only thing showing in the results is “0…” I’ve attached a file. How can I get text from the field or the title of the page to show up?

thanks,

Randy
    PS I couldn’t get the forum to recognize my purchase code, but I could here.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I was just about to merge your code with this account, but I’m glad you worked it out. I have no Idea why it didn’t work there, it’s essentially the same form.

This sound like that the ajax request is halted somewhere or denied completely. Do you have any kind of .htaccess login or similar authentication activated? It can block the ajax request as it cannot authenticate itself on server level.

Do you have an url where I can see this in action?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Powersolo
    Powersolo
    Participant

I have the WP site setup on my own computer with MAMP. Do you think that’s the problem? Did you get the picture that I uploaded?

thanks for your help.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I didn’t get the picture, the upload might not work on the forum form. Could you please try it again? The reply form file upload should work. (maybe not on all mobile devices, I’m not sure)

Well, it can be, I haven’t tried on MAMP to be honest, I’m a XAMPP user myself. I don’t know what are the differences though. They should be very similar.

But if you get the results, but the fields (title, content) are missing, then it might be something else. I’ve never seen a similar issue, so all I can do is guess.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Powersolo
    Powersolo
    Participant

Here is the picture.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, the good news is that the ajax search is working.

Are you using any kind of content builder plugin, or theme builder plugin or antyhing similar?
    Have you changed the title and the content fields to something else on the advanced options panel?

If you turn on the debug mode in the wp-config.php file it should show some error messages. That “0” before the three dots tells me that something returned with a false value due to an error.
    What’s more interesting, that the title is completely missing. Unless you are using different title and content fields, this should definitely show the post title – because it’s retrieved with the post ID with a wordpress core function, which works, unless the post ID is incorrect.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Powersolo
    Powersolo
    Participant

I’m using a builder plugin called Themify Builder. To me, it’s pretty convenient and helpful in putting my pages together. I’m hoping I can use it with Ajax Search pro. I’m sending screen shots, because I attempted to upload my wordpress site to an outside server and there were problems that the hosting company needs to sort out. Don’t know what they are.

Note that “Search2.jpg” shows a search I did that finds text in “non-Themify” comments or pages, but doesn’t list text found in Themify items.

Does this help, or at least until I can put up an outside WP site?
    I’m not sure how to use the debug feature.

thanks for your help,

Randy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Interesting. Themify builder then must use some other method to get the post titles and the content or something.

All you need to do is find out how, and I can help you put together a function which post-processes the search results and fills the missing fields.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.