Results page as a grid of images with title

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Results page as a grid of images with title

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Anderson Anderson 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anderson
    Anderson
    Participant

Hi,

I’m currently working locally on my machine on a site and after coming accross your amazing plug in I quickly bought it.
    However, after playing with it for a few hrs, I’m now unsure if I will be able to achieve what I need when it comes to the presentation of the search results. I would really appreciate some help, I’ve searched the kb and forum and the solutions I found we’re not enough.

The site I’m working on has a very large portfolio of images and users will usually search a term and ideally be presented with images that match the query.

What I need:
    1. once a term is entered in the menu that is currently on the top of page a preview of possible results appear as demo. (this works partly fine)
    2. on hitting enter I need a new results page with a grid of images just as the polaroid draw that appears when terms are entered in the search box
    3. if I have an image with multiple tags, the image preview appears only once.

could you please shed some light on how to solve some of this?
    unfortunately as I said my site is on a local server but I can put that online if needed.

thanks heaps,
    Anderson

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Anderson Anderson. Reason: spelling
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Anderson,

Thank you for the proper description, I will try to help as much as I can.

1, 3. – From the screenshot I see actual taxonomy terms as results, but I believe you don’t want that. I guess you only want to search the taxonomy terms related to the post, but only return the term objects. For that, make sure that nothing is enabled on the General Options -> Behavior panel.
    Also make sure that the “Search in terms” option is enabled on the General Options -> Sources panel: https://i.imgur.com/A4AAjvg.png

2. The results page layout is fully controlled by the theme you are using (usually the search.php file in the theme directory). So for this you will have to make customizations to that template file.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Anderson
    Anderson
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying that Ernest
    I realised that to get the results like in this page https://ajaxsearchpro.com/shortcodes/ I need to have the search bar in the same page.
    So far I couldn’t get rid of the terms without an image preview, I will try some more and I will need to get back to you if I need more help.

Anderson

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.