Results page not displaying properly

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Results page not displaying properly

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by JonF06 JonF06 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JonF06
    JonF06
    Participant

I’ve been trying to configure the search results page to show only a simple vertical list of page titles and a short excerpt blurb, but I cannot figure out why the changes I’m making in the Ajax Search Pro plugin settings aren’t showing up when I search for results. It’s currently displaying the following items I don’t want it to:

Date
    User Account name
    Category
    (and no excerpt)

Is there something I’m doing wrong? I’ve spent hours reviewing your incredibly thorough documentation and the knowledgebase, but can’t figure out what I’m missing.

You can see this if you search for the following examples:
    “Divorce”
    “Wills”
    or
    “Living Trust”

I’ve deactivated the live results box under the search entry box on purpose. They weren’t displaying properly in the theme.

Anything you can do to help, I’d really appreciate.

Thank you,

Jon

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

The plugin cannot change the view of the results page, that is controlled by the theme you are using. The plugin only sends the results to the results page. I think you will have to ask the theme developer about how to make those changes in a child template file.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

JonF06
    JonF06
    Participant

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. And thank you as well for the info — it was very helpful.

I didn’t realize the theme governs the way generated results are displayed. Was able to make the change myself, once I knew.

Thanks again!

J

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

JonF06
    JonF06
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Results page not displaying properly’ is closed to new replies.