Results page not showing results?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Results page not showing results?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by horseprotv horseprotv 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    horseprotv
    horseprotv
    Participant

Hi! Great plugin, liking it a lot!

I’m struggling a bit with the results page. I’ve set it up as a custom one, and the live load on it works great. However, it doesn’t seem to actually return results. When I let it be the default WP results page, it did return results.

If you go here (you’ll have to log in, it’s member’s only content): https://horsepro.tv/colt-starting-series-logged-in/ and use the search bar mid-page, the live load works great. Then return/magnifier takes you to a custom results page, but the results aren’t sorted at all–they’re just my most recent posts (videos). I’m thinking I have something set up incorrectly, but I can’t find it! It also seems odd that it worked properly when set up as the default results page.

I did have to use the Archive template to set up the results page–when I tried to get a Page with the Posts widget + shortcode to override the default results page, I was unsuccessful. My theme does have its own search function that might be interfering.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details!

So, I think the issue is, that the page there is not actually the search results page, and redirecting to the archive will not override the items there – because overriding archive pages with the results is not possible.
    However, I believe you have multiple options here to resolve:

1. Instead of using an archive, create a results page template: https://i.imgur.com/oNLBWGP.png
    Make sure to remove that archive template, so the theme resolves the URL correctly, before creating a search results template.

2. Creating an actual WordPress page for the results, to which the plugin redirects to. Here you can find a tutorial for it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

horseprotv
    horseprotv
    Participant

Thank you! Unfortunately, I’m still having trouble. I deleted the archive template and created a search results template and am still having the same issue with the results not showing.

I also tried creating a WordPress page for the results, but I couldn’t get the plugin to redirect to it.

My theme has its own search feature, so I’m wondering if that’s part of the issue? I tried turning on the soft check option under compatibility and nothing changed. The plugin says no compatibility issues were found.

Thank you for your help!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

I see you replaced the search bar with a button for now. The seach results page seems to be currently on the “All episodes” page. Have you tried this configuration: https://i.imgur.com/pioK8U4.png
    You should be able to place the search shortcode (ID=2) to the other page, and should redirect to the “All episodes” page with the results.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

horseprotv
    horseprotv
    Participant

Weird, I still can’t get it to work with the first search I made, but I got it with the All Episodes Search. Good enough! Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.